Online Presence Guide for Small Business
Our online presence guide for small business steps through establishing a brand, building a website, social media accounts and more.
You want your branding to be consistent with your business name, website, social media accounts, and any other elements that make up your overall online presence. There should be no chance left for branding confusion. After you complete the following steps, you should have your desired business name, domain name, and social media account names.
- Brainstorm some ideas for your business name and come up with a list of your favorites.
- From your favorites, narrow your list. starting with the shortest names that still make sense for your business and will make sense to your potential clients/customers.
- From your narrowed list, research whether or not your potential business names are already taken, especially in areas where you might incorporate your business.
- From the potential business names still remaining on your list, run each of them through namecheck to ensure a desirable domain name is available.
- From the potential business names still remaining on your list, run each of them through a brand reputation tool to verify if a domain has a bad history or is currently suspected of containing malicious code, harmful programs, or is a suspected phishing site.
- From the potential business names still remaining on your list, run each of them through namecheck to ensure social media account names are available for all the platforms that you do business in or will potentially do business in down the road.